Marketing is one of the most important areas of expertise where analysts are creating value for their users. According to the participants in the Analyst Value Survey, the ten firms creating the most value through insight into marketing are the ones listed below.
- Gartner is the most valuable provider of analyst insight into marketing. Todd Berkowitz and Ewan McIntyre have been key catalysts for that, and this podcast exemplifies their managerial perspective.
- Forrester Research has a profound insight into marketing, and much of their most valued insight spotlight technology trends like chatbots and the convergence between marketing and advertising.
- IDC’s MarketScapes are highly valued in the marketing area, but IDC also provides strong managerial guidance too.
- HfS Research’s focus on digital operations gives it a distinct slant on marketing. Its research doesn’t reflect a comprehensive research plan for marketing, but its readership makes up for it.
- Marketing professionals value CXP Group‘s insight deeply. A big part of that is its emphasis on getting the customer experience right.
- Ovum has punched above its weight, and is developing strong insight on vendors like Bridg.
- Everest Group was widely cited by users, but its public research is still sparse.
451 Research has done excellently, partly because of a focus on Account-Based Management. Its eight-place ranking is the company’s highest point in the four Analyst Firm Awards categories it has succeded in.
- Frost & Sullivan also scored well, party through offering valuable events in North America.
- ISG, still reaping the benefits of acquiring Alsbridge, rounds out the top ten.
For more context, see the Analyst Value Survey‘s website.