Each year, Kea Company organizes two awards programs for the analyst industry.
- The Analyst Firm Awards (AFA) recognize the most valuable analyst firms, and to recognise firms that have won a leading role in specific market segments. 18 firms were shortlisted for the first awards in 2014, and the final results led to 340,000 twitter impressions in the first 48 hours.
- The KeaCircle Awards celebrate the analyst relations teams whose activity and outcomes are both at the highest level.
2017 Analyst Firm Awards
The Analyst Value Survey, which we have run each year since 2000, is the sustainable engine for the award. It reaches out beyond the analyst relations community and allows us to rank analyst firms according to the value they deliver to the users of analyst firm services. The awards recognize the leading analyst firms, chosen by the value delivered to users, in market segments which vary from year to year.
The awards in 2017 are listed below. Click on the link on each award category to find out more:
- January – Global
- January – Outstanding reports
- February – Strategy
- March – Internet of Things
- April – Cloud
- May – Analytics & Big Data
- July – IT Services
- August – Outsourcing & Automation
- September – Security & Risk
- November – Marketing
- November – Enterprise Applications
- November – Telecoms & Networks
In mid-September, an event to celebrate the award-winning firms is held at the Analyst Relations Value Forum. The 2017 Forum on 14 September at King’s College London, recognize the 15 analyst and advisory firms most highly rated in the 2016-7 Analyst Value Survey:
- 451 Research
- Current Analysis (now known as Global Data)
- CXP Group (including PAC and BARC)
- Everest Group
- Forrester Research
- Frost & Sullivan
- HfS Research
At the core of the AVS methodology is asking participants what analyst capabilities they value, to see how high a value they put on that capability and then to see how well each of the analyst firms delivers each of those capabilities. Our awards leverage that unequally-strong data.
Each analyst firm’s impact varies greatly from segment to segment. Vendors need a different portfolio of analyst services than end-users, and end-users of analytics value those services differently from their colleagues in marketing. That also leads us to look at specific analyst services, and we’ve discovered exactly how the value of those services differs from segment to segment. To deliver more value, firms need to reach more people or provide more, and better, services across the full range of services. It’s unsurprising, of course, that Gartner and Forrester lead comprehensively in most segments.
Free graphics for use by approved AFA winners are available on request. Our Awards Customization Service allows tailored artwork to be produced by our designer. Contact us for the brochure: The modest fee goes to the designer, not to us.