IT services is one of the highest value segments covered by the Analyst Value Survey. Participants in the 2016/17 survey told us that just five firms produce most of the value coming from the dozens of analyst and advisory organizations in that market. below are the ten winners of our 2017 IT Services Analyst Firm Awards.
- Gartner is firmly in first place. In particular, Gartner Consulting seems to be solidifying its leadership.
- Forrester’s strong second place reflects high-quality inquiry and advisory services, and powerful peer communities.
- IDC’s strong research also gives users great value through its reprints services. But its advisory services were also praised.
- IT services is the area where CXP Group creates the most value with its research and advisory services. IT services professionals CXP Group’s inquiry calls, research reprints and business leads especially highly.
- Just a hair behind CXP is HfS Research. The firm scored better than CXP on a few important criteria, including an extensive readership and more powerful events. It was held back by relatively weak influence on business leads.
- Everest Group stands out for its influence on business leads and its research. It has the opportunity to improve its events and deliver more consistent advisory services.
- ISG scores exceptionally highly for delivering business leads and influencing purchasing recommendations, but it scores poorly on other criteria. It bought Alsbridge during the time the survey was in the field, so the next survey will be interesting.
- KPMG looks rather similar to ISG, although it has more influence n purchasing recommendations. Its research reach is an easy opportunity for improvement.
- Ovum is well rated for its research and inquiry services, almost approaching CXP’s level, but it is weaker on most other areas
- NelsonHall was beaten for tenth place by the thinnest of whiskers by Alsbridge but, since Alsbridge is now fully merged into ISG, we’re giving tenth place to NelsonHall. The firm out performed Alsbridge on many criteria, most clearly research quality but also inquiry services.
The data collection is underway for the 2018 awards. Go to analystvaluesurvey.com to find out more.