The 2017 Outsourcing & Automation Analyst Firm Awards contain quite a surprise. According to the responses from automation and outsourcing professionals who responded to the 2017 Analyst Value Survey, HfS Research has overtaken Forrester as the second most valuable analyst firm they use.
- Gartner, of course, is in first place. Reflecting the fast pace of the market, it’s Gartner’s inquiry call service which is most highly rated, exceeding even its high-quality research and outstanding influence on purchasing.
- HfS Research has a very different value proposition to Forrester: in particular, its freemium model gives it a very wide readership. It scored well enough to edge in front of Forrester because of effective events, good opportunities for peer networking, its influence on business leads.
- Forrester Research also performed excellently. Its users rated it highly for the value of its research, inquiry services, reprints and influence on purchasing.
- IDC was also highly rated for research, reprints and inquiry calls.
- Similarly, Everest Group was most highly rated for research, reprint rights and inquiry services.
- CXP Group’s insight on outsourcing makes it one of the half-dozen most valued analyst firms worldwide.
- ISG scored exceptionally strongly for connecting professionals to business leads, coming second only to Gartner on that criterion.
- KPMG was also a potent business lead resource but, interestingly, its research was also highly rated.
- NelsonHall was highest rated for its research and reprint rights were well respected but it was held back by weak events and peer networking.
- Deloitte stands out for business leaders and influence on purchasing. Furthermore, its highly-rated research shows that the strategic thought-leadership of Deloitte and KPMG is a serious threat to the analyst firms.
Data collection has just started for the 2108 Analyst Value Survey, which uses a new methodology.