Security and risk are critical areas for the users of analyst firms, and it’s no surprise that its major analyst firms rather than niche specialists who pick up the Security & Risk Analyst Firm Awards for 2017.
- Gartner has a clear leadership position, aided by its ability to link security issues to the way that the digital economy externalizes risks.
- Forrester Research’s role-based approach to security and risk, and commitment to community services, is reflected in its upcoming Forum in London.
- IDC has beefed up its security team earlier this year and retains a granular focus on a wide range of solutions.
- Cyber-security and risk professionals value CXP Group‘s valuable strategic and advisory services and rate its events especially highly. Cyber-security and risk professionals value CXP Group’s valuable strategic and advisory services and rate its events especially highly.
- HfS Research was squeezed down to fifth place. Its compelling research gets a great audience but is at a low volume on security.
- Ovum also produced less security research than it does, but stands out for its focus on DDoS threats. The other winners in the top ten are listed below.
- KPMG has maintained a very consistent focus on maturity approaches to cyber-security, as they still call it. It produces some of the most impressive basic research on the issues.
- ISG also does well, especially because of its sourcing orientation towards security.
- Everest Group also has a focussed approach, looking at services providers.
- Frost & Sullivan was pushed up into this award, one of just a few categories in which it was successful.
Is there an accompanying report – can you provide the list as referenced in bullet -“…. The other winners in the top ten are listed below.”
The list is taken from the 2017 Analyst Value Survey report, available from analystvaluesurvey.com.