These awards have been superseded. See the 2018 Telecoms & Networking Analyst Firm Awards at: https://www.influencerrelations.com/7189
Gartner and IDC‘s high-quality research has kept those two firms into lead position in the 2016 Telecoms Analyst Firm Awards. With Forrester Research coming third, keeping HfS Research in fourth place, the four leaders are exactly the same as last year.
Analysts firms’ users in the telecoms and networking industry are among the most demanding: that’s the clear picture from the Analyst Value Survey. Often concentrated in large organizations which are expert users of many analyst firms, they have a very strong focus on research. Relative to some other sectors, they are less interested in many of the add-on services offered by analysts, such as events or peer communities.
- Gartner has two exceptional strengths: its events business and its influence on purchasing recommendations deliver more value that all the others in the top ten added together.
- IDC’s users tell us that they value its events, peer communities and its ability to deliver business leads.
- Forrester Research naturally is strongest for its peer communities, but telecoms and networking professionals also rate its inquiry calls very highly.
- HfS Research stays in fourth place, kept afloat by its strong advisory days, events and research.
- Pierre Audoin Consultants‘ more intimate customer service model means that CXP Group’s flagship brand is most valued for providing peer networking opportunities and inquiry calls.
- Interestingly, NelsonHall scores most strongly for peer communities and for inquiry calls.
- Ovum has risen two places this year. People in the industry rate the firm highly for business leads and for reprint rights, which suggest the firm can be supportive of content marketing.
- Everest Group drops down one place to eight this year. It continues to score well for delivering business leads
- 451 Group, which bought Yankee Group, scored well for reprint rights and inquiry calls
- TechMarketView, which was added to the survey this year, scored most highly for peer networking opportunities and advisory days.
To see the schedule for the remaining rewards, click here.