Analyst Weblogs and AR Best Practices | Analyst Cafe: Tekrati Tips
A very nice set of tips, including:
- Track down the blogs your analysts are writing. Don’t be afraid to simply ask if web searches do not produce results.
- Browse the analyst blogs periodically to get a better sense of their personalities, interests and rationale. This is most useful if practiced regularly, rather than when you are preparing a briefing book.
- Include weblog URLs in analyst profiles for your spokespeople and executives. In particular, ensure that executive relations and buddy program participants browse their analyst’s weblog.
- Keep an eye out for weblogs of employees within your company. You don’t necessarily want to find out about them from an analyst during a visit. Point the analyst to worthwhile weblogs of your official spokespeople, evangelists and executives.
- Keep a healthy perspective on your role as a relationship facilitator and primary support contact. What you bring to the relationship will have a bearing on the analyst’s attitude toward working with the vendor you represent. Remember that industry analysts are more than industry watchers, consultants or statisticians: they’re human beings.