Most analyst relations effort is wasted because of the failure to prioritize analysts. AR effort isn’t allocated in line with analysts’ true importance to the specific goals of the AR program at that time. My March 2021 webinar will explain the benefits of prioritization that are often overlooks, explain the obstacles to effective prioritization, and review some of the most popular approaches.
There are several reasons why this remains one of the deepest challenges for AR teams and agencies. I’ve addressed many of the reasons on InfluencerRelations.com:
- Very often, vendors focus on the analysts they find most open for business, as Joerg Kerler has complained.
- Sometimes, planning of AR is avoided totally because vendors simply react to analysts.
- More worryingly, vendors fail to take an honest look at their own resources even though that is indispensable to making an impact.
- Furthermore, analyst influence is more complex than it was in the past and it continues to become more diffuse.
- Sadly, the misuse and abuse of AR metrics hamper many teams.