Recruitment continues to get harder and harder in the AR world. A number of firms are struggling to fill positions for months. The situtation is especially difficult in Europe, where many US firms struggle to hire through trusted the personal networks that are commonly used to fill senior vacancies.
In the US, where positions are advertised (even if a candidate is already ‘in the frame’) the number of vacancies is astonishing.
- In California and the south west, there are AR vacancies at Business Objects, Cisco, Citrix, HP, Sage, SAP, Sun and ZANTAZ.
- Up the Pacific north-west, AR experts are sought by f5 Networks and Waggener Edstrom.
- In the mid-Atlantic, Canon, Burson-Marsteller, IBM, Synygy, and Technosmarts are hiring.
- In New England, AR managers are wanted by IFS and IBM.
- In the central United States, Quest Software and Janus Capital Group are hiring.
- In the south, CheckFree is looking for AR expertise.
It’s good news for AR managers who are hunting jobs, but bad news for those who are hiring.