This award has been superceded by the 2018 Americas Analyst Firm Awards.
Hundreds of professionals across the Americas voted Gartner, Forrester Research, HfS Research and Digital Capital Group into the top slots in Influencer Relations’ Analyst Firm Awards for 2014. Ten firms won our Americas AFOTY14 award.
- Gartner was the obvious number one on every criterion used for the survey.
- Forrester Research was second in most criteria, with an especially strong position in terms of perceived media influence.
- HfS Research came out very strongly in the Americas, where it was one of the four firms participants said that clients and prospects mentioned the most.
- Digital Clarity Group stood out as a firm whose users gave it immensely strong feedback, especially on the demand-side and in the investment community. That propelled it over the heads of firms with more users.
- IDC performed well in most criteria, and could have been higher if the IDC Insights businesses had not been counted separately.
- Everest Group was one of the best-performing firms in terms of winning paying clients.
- NelsonHall also did well in terms of paying customers, but seemed to have slipped somewhat in terms of demand-side influence.
- ISG also performed strongly in the Americas, with influence on buyers similar to that of DCG and NelsonHall.
- 451 Group was one of the top four firms influencing investors, reflecting its strong links to the VC community.
- CEB/TowerGroup got in the top ten by a whisker, pushed up by independence, its influence on journalists and investors, and by being mentioned to participants by prospects and clients.
Ovum, Aberdeen Group and Frost & Sullivan are also worth mentioning as firms with notable numbers of users across the Americas in 2014 but whose users did not give them the same positive feedback as the top ten firms. IDC Financial Insights also stood out in South and Central America. KPMG, Deloitte, Alsbridge and Novarica seemed well positioned to advance into more competitive positions.